07 February 2023
6 tips to keep your tent in top condition, also after your vacation
The vacation is over, time to store your tent. But how do you store the tent now? And how do you ensure it stays in good condition? It is therefore important that you store it correctly.
Start by checking the tent for damages or stains. Repair them immediately and clean the tent thoroughly. Then store the tent clean and dry. Check the frame too: is everything complete and are there any parts missing or damaged?
We have listed six tips to help you store your tent correctly:
- Pack the tent dry and clean. If the tent is not properly dry, weather and mold spots may occur. And those are very difficult to remove.
- Is your tent packed wet anyway? Unpack it immediately at home and let it dry very well.
- Use a breathable storage bag, for example made of cotton.
- Store the tent in a separate storage bag than the frame, groundsheet, curtains and guy ropes.
- Ventilate the space where you store the tent.
- Did you camp at the coast? Rinse the tent well with clean water and let it dry thoroughly. Salt residues can attract moisture, even in a “dry” storage place.
13 November 2020
9 tips for an even longer lifespan of your TenCate tent fabric
TenCate Outdoor Fabrics produces tent canvasses that will give you years of pleasure and convenience. During the development stage we look at how the fabric is used in practice to…Read more
01 March 2022
This is how you clean your sun awning fabric!
Do you have a nice sun awning hanging from your house? This is indispensable during hot summer days. So it makes sense that you want to enjoy it as long…Read more
11 May 2022
The water repellency of tent and awning fabric from TenCate Outdoor Fabrics
Of course, you don’t want to get wet in your tent during a rain shower. Therefore, water repellency is one of the most important requirements of tent and awning fabric.…Read more